NEXT INS VIRTUAL JOURNAL CLUB:INVASIVE BRAIN STIMULATION - ISSUES IN MOVEMENT DISORDERS
Save the Date!
The International Neuromodulation Society (INS), with its Young Neuromodulator and International Women in Neuromodulation Committees, invites you to attend the next INS Virtual Journal Club: Invasive Brain Stimulation - Issues in Movement Disorders on Thursday, 20 May 2021.
This 90-minute session will be dedicated to the discussion of the articles:
1. Bruno, S., Nikolov, P., Hartmann, C.J., Trenado, C., Slotty, P.J., Vesper, J., Schnitzler, A. and Groiss, S.J. (2021), Directional Deep Brain Stimulation of the Thalamic Ventral Intermediate Area for Essential Tremor Increases Therapeutic Window. Neuromodulation: Technology at the Neural Interface, 24: 343-352. https://doi.org/10.1111/ner.13234
2. Krüger, M.T., Avecillas‐Chasin, J.M., Tamber, M.S., Heran, M.K.S., Sandhu, M.K., Polyhronopoulos, N.E., Sarai, N. and Honey, C.R. (2021), Tremor and Quality of Life in Patients With Advanced Essential Tremor Before and After Replacing Their Standard Deep Brain Stimulation With a Directional System. Neuromodulation: Technology at the Neural Interface, 24: 353-360. https://doi.org/10.1111/ner.13301
3. Noecker, A.M., Frankemolle‐Gilbert, A.M., Howell, B., Petersen, M.V., Beylergil, S.B., Shaikh, A.G. and McIntyre, C.C. (2021), StimVision v2: Examples and Applications in Subthalamic Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson's Disease. Neuromodulation: Technology at the Neural Interface, 24: 248-258. https://doi.org/10.1111/ner.13350
Don’t hesitate to register now, following this link:
Article Presenters: Heather Pinckard-Dover, MD; Chirag Solanki, MBBS, MS, MCh; and Shabari Girishan, MBBS, MS, MCh
Article Authors: Jan Vesper, MD, PhD; Marie Krüger, MD; and Cameron McIntyre, PhD
Moderators: Jeffrey E. Arle, MD, PhD, FAANS; and Alexios Carayannopoulos, DO, MPH
As a result of participating in this journal club, attendees will:
1. Understand the scientific method and the process of evaluating a published study.
2. Review a current published study, including the background, methodology, and results.
3. Discuss and critique the study.